Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm back~

Have you mssed me?  What a year!  I was looking back on my posts from a year ago and finding it ironic that I was excited about the adventures ahead.  Little did I know what type of adventure I would be embarking on.  This year Mike and I were given all kinds of challenges, and I can honestly say I think we faced most of them head on. 

I am a different person now than I was last year, I see the world and our time on it in a whole new light. I've learned that nothing in this life is guaranteed, something I used to take for granted.  I've learned that the love I have in my life is abundant, unconditional and beyond measure and that I get it from every direction I turn. I'm learning that who you are is not dictated by what you can do rather by how you treat others and the way in which you choose to live your life.

Although 2010 has started out on the back of the hardest year of my life, I have hope that it can only get better from here.  My symptoms have progressed into my legs which makes it hard to get around and surprisingly easy to fall.  Lately I have been telling myself this is only temporary and that helps.  I still have faith that I may be granted a miracle.  Like I said to Mike my odds of getting MND were the same as getting a miracle.  If I have learned anything it is that anything is possible.

I have a good feeling about this year.  I have a lot to be thankful for and this is what I will choose to focus on.  Let's see where this crazy road takes us.

4 comments:

  1. I believe in miracles too and i am praying for one for you xoxox love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you. Nice to hear your thoughts. Thanks for sharing.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Stacy,

    Great to hear you back in Brisvegas and survived the winter snow down in Montana! Next time Mike's going to go skiing let me know and I'll let him borrow some gear - wool jumper and camo cargo pants aint' really going to cut it in that Montana powder!!

    ReplyDelete