Saturday, May 4, 2013

Next

Hi folks

I'm home from Montana with tidings of a strange and snowy land.

It was a great trip back to my northern hemisphere home, here are some images.

                                         Snowing
                                          Birds
                                          Snowing at house
                                          Moon, snow, atmosphere
                                          Big sky
                                          Debi's car, Dave's truck
                                          The road to Santa's workshop
                                                   Tree

Get the picture? 

It was a really good trip, lovely to spend some time with Stacy's extended family and friends. We all loved being together and feeling the same kind of feelings. It was hard to leave, and be left. 


Right now I'm back in Brisbane and it is beautiful. Man I do love it here. I'm feeling weird about not having a home though. I'm back in the parents house which is a great option and a very empathetic place to be. It does however have a strange time warp quality. Did the last decade really happen? I have some memories and yet here I am back in my teenage room. Strange, and a little disconcerting. 

I do have a plan though. On Wednesday this week Dad, the hounds and I are taking a road trip down to Canberra. I'm going to spend 6 weeks or so down there; writing, training for frisbee and sharing a pseudo-bachelor type of lifestyle with good old Jonno Holmes. It feels like a good move. 

After that I've got an international plan that will take me on this well worn path: 

Brisbane
Big Bear Lake (Maggie we are keen for a quick visit, 18th through 22nd July, Jonno and I, cool?)
Miami
Cali, Colombia 
Bogota, Colombia
Rome
Turin
Bozeman, Montana
Denver
Daytona Beach, Florida
Brooklyn
Detroit??? Joey, it better be good mate
Southern California
Brisbane at the end of October

If you are in or around that track, or want to talk me into a detour then get at me, i'm pretty much just poking around and seeing what diffuses, from and to. A time of sharing and connecting, drifting and finding, being alone and then also not alone. 

I'll keep blogging it out from time to time. Also to follow some of the frisbee news get onto the site, 
http://aussiecrocs.net or follow the team on facebook 'Crocs 2013'.

Righto, love

Mike







4 comments:

  1. Good documentation of Montana...with those prints. :) Enjoy your travel and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mike,
    I'm here in Boulder until October. Would be good to catch up if you want to swing by on the Denver leg of your trip. You've got a place to stay, and there's plenty to do here.
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets figure that out Andrew, sounds good

      Delete
  3. I wonder if there will ever be a photo posted of Mike Neild in the snow, looking like he is enjoying it. Painful expressions seem to abound. Lots of love Aussie boy!

    ReplyDelete