Monday, September 14, 2009

From little things big things grow~




So Mike and I were bestowed with a huge honor this weekend!! Our dear friends Tawnya and Brad have told us we will be the God-Parents of their first baby, little Audrey, who will join our world on November 2nd! We are thrilled to say the least. This means so much to me, and I am so excited to meet my little muffin in December.


This weekend was a lot of fun, Friday I went to a Naturopath to cover my bases and see what she had to say about MND and how to get the best out of life and my health. That was interesting and I will post about it soon. But I know I need to be open to new things. I am now a vegetarian, more to come on that. The conversation with the Naturopath went a little something like this:


Nat: I feel that you should become a vegan.
Me: Not going to happen!
Nat: What???
Me: Not going to happen, no way.
Nat: Ummm, OK, What about a vegetarian?
Me: My favorite food is Hamburgers!?!?!
Nat: So is that a no?
Me: Fine but can I eat meat occasionally?
Nat: I wouldn’t recommend it.
Me: Do veggie burgers count?


Needless to say after that I was a bit tense (: Good thing Saturday I was booked in for an hour massage and facial, I felt like I deserved it. It was very relaxing and a great way to spend the morning. If you have never had a facial I demand you go out now and get one! I’ll wait…… See!! Love it!!!


Saturday night I had my friend Laura’s 21st. That’s right some of my friends are that young! It was a lot of fun a great to catch up with friends I hadn’t seen in a while.





Sunday was spent catching up with friends and family on Skype. Mike and I went out to a lovely breakfast and then went on a little adventure that led us to Mt.Cootha’s Botanic Gardens. Beautifulllll!! Just what the doctor ordered!






All in all a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Stacy,

    Thinking of you. Have just been reading through your blogs and am loving it.

    Will write some more soon,

    Jonno.

    PS who's that goon in the Team USA shirt ... looks a bit dodgey to me ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa - "I'm going to become a vegetarian"
    Homer - "Does that mean you are going to give up eating pork?"
    Lisa - "Yes"
    Homer - "Bacon?"
    Lisa - "Yes"
    Homer - "Ham?"
    Lisa - "Dad, those meats all come from the same animal"
    Homer - "Riiight Lisa, a wonderful, maaagical animal"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know Jonno, but I'm crackin' up too.

    I'll be praying for you tonight and your new diet! You can do it, girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Only someone as cute as you could pull of that hat AND red sunglasses. YOU ARE STYLIN' my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jonno, keeping the ladies smiling with your class, style and Simpsons quotes - you old charmer you.

    P.S. CK's red shirt is now on low rotation.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete