Thursday, September 10, 2009

Little Reminders

I believe in reminding yourself everyday about what is important to you be it God, friends, family, ect.. Little affirmations to get you through the day. I thought I would share with you three little reminders that I look at everyday that have really helped me thus far.



First is a mug that was given to me a few years ago by my dear friend Tawnya. Little did she know how much it would mean to me. It is a bright orange mug and on it says "Friends are God's way of taking care of us" now before all this I thought wow what a great quote but little did I know I would be living it. Over the past month the friends and family that have surrounded Mike and I with their prayers, love, and positive energy are people who God sent to take care of us during this time. Many times Mike and I look at each other and even now going through this we still say "Wow, we are so blessed." I love looking at my mug and reminding myself, I am not alone in this.



Next is a beautiful bracelet that I received last week in the mail from another little angel "Boo" my friend Brianna was going through a tough time a while back and during that time she came to own this bracelet on it says "Expect a Miracle" in Boo's case the miracle was granted and so she sent it on it's way to perform it's next Miracle! I haven't taken it off since, it is on my right hand (we refer to that hand as gympie) and it is were all the symptoms started. I look at it everyday and think, "One day gympie you will work again" It sounds silly but it has given me allot of strength and hope and reminds me to never give up!



Last is a new addition it's a tattoo that Mike and I decided to get together. The tattoo says "Dei Gratia" which is Latin for "By the Grace of God". For us this has multiple meanings, we met by the Grace of God we have been together for over 8 years, we have been faced with and have conquered challenges in the past, all by the Grace of God. At the moment it reminds us that with God anything is possible plan and simple. We both got it on our left wrist so it is always staring us in the face, even when I have my down days and think why is this happening I look at that tattoo and remind myself God has a plan and I am part of that, something greater than myself.



These reminders are keeping me strong and I am grateful for that.





Thanks again for the support.

3 comments:

  1. Love your tatoo!! They did a great job. Love your blogs, too. We're so far away, this brings us a little closer.

    Thinking of you always, Love the Freys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy,
    I am Mike's cousin - I hope you don't mind me following your blog and stopping in to say hi on occasion. The tattoos are fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bracelet is such an incredible gift and everyday reminder for you! And the matching tattoos are FABULOUS! Sending tons of hugs and love from Great Falls!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete